Warehouse shooting

Hello boys and girls, and velkom to another edition of a shooting spree :D

OK lah, I only joined a photoshoot today, no guns involved, only some Canons heh heh...

MSJ photography organised a photoshoot with the theme "Warehouse shoot" where we went and shoot at some warehouses at the KK port area. The shoot was scheduled for 3.30 pm. Anyway, here's some of the shots:

For those who love bokeh:
Photobucket

Photobucket

What the???
Photobucket

Photobucket

What a cute pose...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Somehow the red bricks on the right were kind of distracting, so I converted it into black and white...
Photobucket

and it seemed to turn out better...
Photobucket

Had to do some lightening on the face, because it was kinda in the shadow:
Photobucket

Luckily there were no ants crawling around the fence...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This shot reminds me of the Afghan Girl photo by Steve McCurry:
Photobucket

Photobucket

After that we went off to Jesselton Point to shoot some moar, but by that time everyone was quite tired from all the shooting previously.
And so with this I finish my post:
Photobucket

Comments

Mas Light said…
I like what a cute pose XD
Chucky said…
Yeah, I like that one too, but I also found out something about my 50mm lens: it was back-focusing! Quite a lot of my shots were unusable in high resolution because they were out of focus!!!
OK end of rant.
Edgar said…
back focusing? auto AF point?
Chucky said…
When I use the periphery autofocus points (not the middle one), it seems to focus a few inches behind the subject. I'll need to conduct some more tests to be sure...

I'm sure I didn't move myself that much after focusing...
Fernando said…
Hi Chucky!
I've been looking at your photos (the ones you've taken) and I like them. You seem to came up with creative solutions to simple "inconvenients".
Now the question: Which equipment do you own? Like, which camera and lenses?
Thanks,
Fernando
Chucky said…
@ Fernando > I'm still puttering around using my Canon 400D and the kit lens, plus a 50mm and a 55-200mm lens so far. Yes, some of the inconveniences can be overcome by thinking it through.

Popular Posts