Photo shop blown up the highlights?

This is the original picture:


Original picture




This is what happened when the shop printed it out:


Printed photo


Most of the cloudy sky's colour has been washed out, and I can't see any cloud texture anymore in places.


Another example:


Original:


Original picture



After printing:


Printed photo


The shadows of the stairs and guard rails on the left of the tower are almost gone.


So I'm wondering: did the shop mess up my photos by pumping up the brightness (human's fault) or is it the printing machine's fault?



Nevermind about the slight noise of the 4th picture, caused by my scanning and resaving the file, but this is 99% of how it looks like to the naked eye.

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh ya, if you want to print ur photos in any shops in KK..
Just tell the lady or uncle no need to adjust the pics...
they say why..
just giv em a simple question..
"sudah adjust."
Mas Light said…
*lol...coz they will adjust >_<
Chucky said…
Ya, last time I went to print at the shop near the Chinese Chamber of Commerce building, I mentioned to them not to do any post processing, but this is another shop. Next time I must remember to mention "DON'T KACAU!!!"

Popular Posts